How to Play Spotify on Discord
Want to listen to music with your friends, but want to chat while you do it? Discord is a good option, and this guide will show you how.
Discord is a popular chat and video sharing platform for gamers. While this is its primary use, Discord includes several other fun and exciting capabilities. For example, you can create different communities for things like movies, football, ballet, pro wrestling, pretty much anything that interests you.
Discord also includes excellent integration with other services, including YouTube, Reddit, and Spotify. Here we are going to take a look at the latter and show you how to play Spotify on Discord.
We have shown you how to add friends to Spotify, and this method enables you to share Spotify music with your friends on Discord.
How to Play Spotify on Discord
To note: To take full advantage of this feature, you will need a Premium account. Free accounts will experience limitations and ads, of course.
To play Spotify on Discord, you need to follow some basic steps first.
To connect Spotify to Discord and listen to music, follow these steps:
- Launch the Discord app on your desktop and click on the Settings button in the lower right corner.
- In the menu that appears, click Connections and choose Spotify in the list of options.
- You will be directed to a Spotify EULA page where you will have to accept the agreement – click on the Accept Note that you will need to log in to Spotify if you are not already.
- Now you will get a notification screen letting you know at once Spotify and Discord is connected.
- Return to the Discord app and under the Connections section, find your connected Spotify account and enable the Show on profile change.
- Start playing a song in Spotify, click the + in Discord and choose the person you want to invite to listen to Spotify.
- The prompt screen will appear and show the song you are listening to. Add a comment if you wish and click on the Send an invitation button.
- The invite is dynamic, so the songs will change when playing different music tracks or podcasts.
That’s all we can say about it. You’ll see additional profile icons in the invite box when friends join the stream.
Use Spotify and Discord
When you use the method explained above, you can share music from Spotify with your friends on Discord. Moreover, you can chat with them while the music is playing. However, you cannot hear music during voice chat; instead, you’ll have to type while listening.
If you’re new to Discord, read our getting started guide. After that, you’ll want to learn how to create your first Discord server. Next, you’ll want to add bots to your Discord server.
Of course, there’s a lot going on with Spotify too. You might want to listen to Spotify with friends through group sessions. And speaking of enjoying Spotify with friends, learn how to create a collaborative playlist. Or, once you’ve spent hours creating a playlist, you’ll want to copy it to Spotify for backup.
If Spotify stops unexpectedly, read how to fix Spotify keeps stopping. Also learn how to fix Spotify can’t play the current song.